Wednesday 8 May 2013

Choosing a Topic

I brainstormed a lot of different ideas because I wanted to choose a topic that I would enjoy to do a lot of research on. I enjoy sports and in school, sciences and maths. These are the topics I considered for my personal project:

  • A game lesson for handicapped horse riders. I would design a lesson for handicapped students that ride at the Madurodam Manege. They have lots of different handicaps, physical and mental. I would research their different handicaps and then by playing these games find out how well they could learn the game and to what extent they could play it. I thought of this because I do voluntary work at the Madurodam Manege and the riders their always enjoy it if we do something special (such as a game) for days like easter, Sinterklaas, Koninginnendag.
  • Analyzing the muscles used in different flips in free running. I will make a video that explains which muscles are used, which I will have researched. I will make it as a sort of tutorial that takes you through the steps in the flip. This will help people who are already attempting the flip to improve theirs because they will be able to see what they are doing wrong, and what they have to change to make it better. I thought of this idea because I do free running and I have watched a tutorial before and I found it very helpful to improve my flip.
  • Finding the muscles the rider uses in relation to the muscles a horse uses. I would research the muscles the rider used when riding and the ones the horse uses when being ridden. I would then make a presentation about what I found and make detailed drawings of the muscles in a horse and the muscles in a human who is in the riding position. I would use this to explain about the muscles.
  • Making a training schedule creator. I would find out what training methods (such as doing push-ups) would help you develop different muscles or muscle groups. Then I would make something where you could fill in the muscles you needed to train and then with the research I did into training methods you would get a training schedule, specially for the muscles you want to train.

Finally I chose the idea of analyzing different flips in free running because I really enjoy free running and I like making videos. I also think that the research appeals to me a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment